Signs Of Stroke In Dogs Is There More I Can Do At The Sign Of A Minor Stroke In My Dog?

Is there more I can do at the sign of a minor stroke in my dog? - signs of stroke in dogs

My dog, in recent days, lost his balance on his hind legs. The law came first, but followed that morning, left. I took her to the vet, if the law it was two days. From left was beautiful, and she was crying a little bit extended, his right leg when he gave me some anti-inflammatory drugs. There seemed no pain, just wobbly. I found it strange, but we wanted to test the idea may be a problem with his knee ligaments. Then, with the loss of balance on the left leg, I immediately had the vet this morning. They have X-rays and said everything was fine and most likely neurological, who had a mild stroke. For now you can walk, albeit reluctantly, and help the need for a scarf to the toilet. My question is: What should I consider? How do I know that it will be even worse? Why do not more than we do now? My vet gave me no reason, a less completely lost its function of MRI in the hind legs, but I fear it will be too late. Should I now for the MRI that has won & # 0 go39; T was easy for me financially, but money is not a problem for the health of my dog. I feel so helpless and worried. Any tips?

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

The question is whether the MRI could change treatment plan, or just the diagnosis.

My opinion is that there is no specific treatment for stroke after it has occurred. The best thing we can do is try to find what caused it, and try to try to prevent more strokes.

I think that your vet that you and your dog in the celebration of the goodness of the MRI. I think not significantly change the treatment. Save your money treating the cause and.

As a compromise, you can ask your vet, it would be a blood test to check the function body. I managed to do for $ 60 - $ 100. This test in May told the infection, diabetes, kidney and thyroid function. All can cause a stroke when he gets out.

Even if the panel is that blood is normal, no loss of evidence, as they provide a basis for comparison with the aging of the body that stands with you if they get sick later.

Right now how hard it is, I believe the bestsupportive care, which is you do for your dog, good for the body can heal itself. Good nursing is the key to a speedy and complete recovery. Then all the little things that do not meet you to take care of it useless, they are important. Keep warm, well hydrated and well nourished. Help him to moderate exercise, both mentally and physically. You can try clicker training laps with the front legs, and are not affected, just to avoid Stir Crazy. And, of course, a pile of all the love in what you can.

Post a Comment